If you are a seller in the Amazon marketplace, it is interesting that you make the most of all the possibilities it offers you, including its advertising options. And the eCommerce giant has 300 million active users, so why not use their ads to reach all these people?
Advertising on Amazon is based on ads that work by keywords or product segmentation, in a very similar way to the system used by Google Ads (it is the PPC system, pay per click).
It appears at the top and bottom of search results pages, on individual product pages, and under the tag: “sponsored products related to this item.” In addition, another compelling reason to bet on advertising on Amazon is that this will improve your organic rankings within the marketplace: Amazon places those products that sell the best in the highest positions of the search results ranking. Therefore, if your products have a good sales history (something that can be increased through advertising on the platform), their organic positioning will also improve.
Advertising on Amazon: types of ads
Currently, Amazon has three types of advertising campaigns to advertise your brand or products:
1. Sponsored Products
These types of Amazon ads appear in search results and on product detail pages, directing users directly to a specific product available on their platform, as visibility is instantaneous. They are activated by keywords and work by the cost-per-click system: you only pay when customers click on your ads. You can also set the duration of the campaign and the daily budget.
2. Sponsored Brands
Sponsored Brands will include your brand logo, title and up to three products, so they are recommended if you want to increase the recognition of your brand on Amazon. They appear in search results and a useful way for marketplace users to see and recognize you, or visit you, is to use personalized messages. In fact, you can create a kind of short landing page of your brand, which users will reach when they click on your ad or logo. When the customer clicks on a product, they will be taken to the product detail page.
Stores are pages created for your products and categories with predesigned templates or content blocks, and without the need to write code. They would be something like a personalized showcase of your brand, through which you can direct users through a unique URL that Amazon will provide you.
How to advertise on Amazon and run an advertising campaign?
Advertising on Amazon is easy and relatively fast. Once you are registered in Amazon Seller Central as a professional seller, you must activate your account covering all the data that the platform asks for. A later step will be to upload your products to your marketplace space, adding the necessary images, texts and descriptions that define it perfectly. Here are some tips that we left you a long time ago and that will help you make the items you sell more “attractive”.
Once this is done, how to go on to create your ads?
- In the part of Amazon Sales Tutoryou will see a tab that says Advertising. Go to it and click Start on the yellow button.
- You will be directed to another page where you must write: campaign name, daily budget (€ 1 will be the minimum), and campaign start and end date.
- Choose your targeting. Amazon offers you two types: Automatic Segmentation(Amazon displays your ad automatically, considering the search terms of other products similar to yours) and Manual Segmentation (in this case, you decide by which keywords you want your ad to be displayed).
- Select the products you want to show in this campaign and the maximum amount you are willing to pay for each click made by Amazon users on your ad.
- Subsequently, a message will appear that your campaign has been created successfully and you will be able to see it in the Amazon campaign manager. Of course, depending on the type of campaign, keep in mind that they can be reviewed within 72 hours before being published.
- If you want to see how your campaigns work, you can extract information from the Reports tab of the main bar.
You have already launched your campaign. You will see how you manage to enhance your products and your brand! But remember that generating good results with your advertising campaigns on Amazon is not a magic thing; you will have to optimize your ads and have a solid strategy behind that responds to your objectives.